About your new Genie Splashbacks panels
All of our Genie Splashback panels are made from a high-quality UK manufactured acrylic, making them perfect for residential, commercial and industrial environments. As with our range of uncoated 5mm & 3mm natural crystal, 6mm glass, and solid colour Perspex® there is no grout to fade or get grubby. This makes Genie Splashbacks the perfect solution for a modern, hygienic and effortless finish to any room or wall.
5mm Natural Crystal
Mould and detergent resistant properties; making them the most hygienic and safe way to protect your kitchen, bathroom or any other room or purpose. They are light, while remaining very hard wearing. Acrylic is up to 10 times more impact resistant than glass. There is an unlimited range of colours and designs. The coloured vinyl is applied to the rear of the panel giving that expensive, bespoke, glass effect.
3mm Natural Crystal
A thinner 3mm thick alternative to our 5mm thick panels. These are much more flexible, making them perfect for slight curves or situations where ultra-light applications are needed.
Solid Perspex® Colours
Standard Perspex® solid colour sheets. The colour is applied throughout the panel as opposed to the rear. Not scratch resistant. These come in 3mm or 5mm thick depending on colour choice.
Highly scratch resistant, toughened glass. Our glass is low-iron, which means that it is as crystal clear as possible. This stops the green tint that you see on most glass, meaning the colour will be unaltered and seen as it was intended. Tough and heavyweight items. Bespoke, unique, classy look. Our glass is heat resistant so can be used behind direct heat sources. You can have exactly the same colours or designs as our acrylic panels.
Things to remember
- Our acrylic and Perspex® panels are not suitable for behind gas or electric cooker hobs. They can, however, be installed behind induction and ceramic hobs as long as a minimum distance of 50mm is maintained.
- Where a direct heat source is in use (i.e. behind gas hobs) we can supply our toughened glass panels as an alternative.
- Due to temperature variations, your Genie Splashbacks panels will expand and contract slightly. With this in mind, the panels should always be installed with an expansion gap. We recommend 2mm on all sides.
- If storing your panels for any length of time, refrain from outdoor environments or extreme temperatures. Failure to do so can result in damage or bowing of the panels. Ensure that your panels are kept flat.
- Avoid your panels coming into contact with hot cooking utensils, cookware or naked flames. Failure to do so can result in damage of the panels.
- Where installing your Genie Splashbacks panels over existing tiles, it is important to check that the existing tiles are safely secured to the wall. Loose tiles may result in improper adhesion of your Genie Splashbacks panels to the surface or result in an uneven or wavy panel effect.
- Your new Genie Splashbacks panels should only be used with our supplied low modulus silicone adhesive. The low modulus silicone will take at least 24 hours to cure and so should be left for this period of time before further work or components are fitted to your Genie Splashbacks panels. Failure to use low modulus silicone will have a detrimental effect on your panel and could result in damage.
- Please ensure that walls are sealed and non-porous. Any boarding boards that have been used behind the splashbacks must also be sealed. This can be in way of wall sealant solutions or by simply painting them.
- If you would like to alter your panel once it’s been received, use our Alteration Guide.
How to clean your Genie Splashbacks panel
To clean your panel, use a soft cloth and warm soapy water. Do not use a brush, scouring pad or high strength cleaning products. Never rub the panel to clean it if the surface is dry as this may cause damage to the surface. Cleaning with abrasive materials can result in light scratches and abrasions. To remove silicone or stronger substances from your panel, use a small amount of Turpentine on a soft, lint-free cloth.